Could You Be Our Next Harlequin Medical Romance Author?
Harlequin Medical Romance are always looking for new authors! We’re committed to finding and nurturing brilliant, contemporary new voices—and now is your chance to be one of them!
We’re hosting a Harlequin Medical Romance Blitz, a big opportunity for your Harlequin Medical Romance submission to get fast-tracked. Submit your contemporary Harlequin Medical Romance submission between March 15th and 29th. Get a response, including editorial feedback, by Friday, April 12th!
Do you adore an uplifting, relatable, life-affirming romances set amid the pulse-racing drama of saving lives? Harlequin Medical Romance offers stories in which you’ll experience the rollercoaster of emotions, ambitions and desires of today’s medical professionals. We publish 50,000-word contemporary medical romances that whisk readers into engaging medical settings around the world. Relatable, dedicated, empathetic characters, captivating emotional drama, and an unforgettable love story are a must! Check out our full guidelines here.
What you need to know:
- The Harlequin Medical Romance Blitz will run from Friday 15th March 2019 – Friday 29th March 2019.
- We’re looking for a cover letter that introduces you and your book and includes any previous publishing credits, first chapter and complete synopsis only – no need to have the full manuscript written!
- If we love the voice, we’ll invite you to submit further chapters and work with you on developing your story to its full potential. Please note that requests for additional chapters are not a guarantee of publication.
- For details on how to submit and for full Ts and Cs please go to harlequin.submittable.com, ‘Harlequin Medical Romance Blitz’ https://harlequin.submittable.com/submit/136168/harlequin-medical-romance-blitz. This page will be live from Friday 15th March 2019 – Friday 29th March 2019.
- Only one entry per person.
- All entries will receive editorial feedback by Friday 12th April 2019.
This isn’t a contest but a chance to showcase your work to our editors and get some helpful feedback in an accelerated time frame, and maybe even become the newest Harlequin Medical Romance author. If you’ve ever dreamed about being published, send us your submission. We want to read your story!
Here are a few tips on what makes the perfect Harlequin Medical Romance story:
- Keep a strong focus on the developing central romance, which unfolds against the backdrop of medical drama.
- But remember that contemporary, international medical settings are integral to the story.
- A Medical hero is at the top of his game. He’s a dynamic and dedicated life-saver that has a heart of gold!
- A Medical heroine is intelligent, professional, warm-hearted and empathetic! She’s everything a modern woman can relate to and aspire to be. And every bit as on-her-game as her hero!
- Innovative internal emotional conflicts.
- These stories have a range of sensuality, from steamy and intensely passionate to warm and tender, but always combined with a high level of emotion.
Any questions? Leave a comment. We can’t wait to hear from you!