Read a Book, Borrow Some Phrases
Happy National Read a Book Day (September 6) and International Literacy Day (September 8)! It’s the week of literacy and reading, so pick up any random book and let’s play a game. The stranger and longer the book, the better! Find phrases or words by following the instructions below. You choose what funny, cool or serious phrases you want to use to complete the tasks. And don’t fret, you don’t need a physical book to play the game! Use whatever page numbers your ebook assigns, no matter the size of text!
- Find a suitable pickup line on page 21.
- Discover the name of an unpublished Diana Palmer novel on a page you randomly flip to.
- If you were a superhero, you would find a part of your origin story between pages 100 and 102.
- The title of your memoir can be located between pages 160 and 170.
- Find the name of the next hottest new HBO show on page 88.
- Read your next Facebook status update on page 50.
- The last thing you want on a first date is on the first page of the 14th
- Choose strange first words for a child in the first half of the book.
- On the last page, you will locate something you’d be surprised to find in your pocket or your purse.
- Find your famous last words in the second half of the book.
Post your favorite answers on social media and share them!
Can’t think of a fun book to use? Try the following: