Keeping Up with the Royals
Whether it’s Prince William and Kate Middleton’s adventures around the United Kingdom, or rumors about Prince Harry and his Canadian girlfriend, the Royal Family are an addictive past-time to read about and watch. Britain’s Royal Family is not the only people of royal blood that everyone wants to know about. Here are eight other popular royals:
- Queen Rania of Jordan—elegant, smart, and a philanthropist, she has focused most of her life on advocacy for cross-cultural dialogue, education, and health. Rania has also published four books and remains popular on social media.
- Prince Carl Philip of Sweden, Duke of Värmland—handsome and athletic, Prince Carl has earned many honors due to his military service. Prince Carl enjoys car racing, cross-country skiing, swimming, sailing, and football in his spare time. He is currently studying and practicing drawing and design.
- Princess Charlotte of Monaco—a retired Olympic swimmer, Charlotte was originally born in modern-day Zimbabwe before she became the princess consort to Prince Albert. She also has her own nuclear Royal Family, with son and daughter, Jacques and Gabriella.
- Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the Crown Prince of Dubai—a man of many talents, Hamdan Al Maktoum is a horse rider, a poet, and a semi-professional skydiver when he is not acting as chairman of the executive council of Dubai and inspiring young entrepreneurs.”
- Queen Letizia of Spain—before her marriage to King Felipe VI, Letizia was a journalist and news anchor, going as far as reporting from Ground Zero after the 9/11 attacks, and from Iraq following 2001.
- King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck of Bhutan—also known as the “Dragon King”, he was crowned after his father abdicated the throne in his favor. King Jigme is an accomplished speaker, having joined his father on many tours of the kingdom, as well as to the United Nations, and in Thailand he is also known as “Prince Charming” to many of his female fans.
- Princess Ameerah Al-Taweel of Saudi Arabia—a businesswoman and philanthropist, Princess Ameerah has spent most of her life heavily involved in humanitarian activities, such as acting as the vice-chairperson for the charitable Talal Foundation, and traveling to Pakistan to aid flood victims and those affected by crisis. Finally, Princess Ameerah has been a prominent supporter and voice for women’s equality and rights, especially in Saudi Arabia, where she would like to be among the first women to drive on the road.
- Prince Frederik of Denmark—a studious and logical, Prince Frederik obtained his Masters in Political Science, as well as served in the military until he was promoted to Admiral, and Major General for the navy, air force, and army. He is also a prominent supporter and voice for scientific research, climate change, and sustainability.
Still feeling enchanted and curious? Keep up with your favorite fictional royals instead:
The Prince’s Captive Virgin by Maisey Yates
Innocent in the beast’s bed!
When Belle Chamberlain offers to take her father’s place as his prisoner, Prince Adam Katsaros strikes a deal. Deeply scarred by the accident that claimed his wife, Adam isolated himself in his forbidding castle. But Belle’s innocent beauty could redeem his reputation as he reclaims his throne… He’ll release her father if Belle poses as his mistress!
Belle can neither deny nor resist her brooding captor! Adam’s burning gaze awakens a newfound desire, and every touch brands Belle as his. His ruthlessness is legendary, unless Belle can tame the beast inside…
Reign of Serpents by Eleanor Herman
As the end of an age approaches, blood soaks the earth, twisted prophecies wield immeasurable power and tyrants demand impossible sacrifices
Prince Alexander of Macedon’s mind has been touched by an incomprehensible evil, even as his betrothed travels from afar to unite their kingdoms against a terrible darkness that threatens both realms: the Spirit Eaters.
From the distant shores of Illyria to a small deserted island, the deadly consequences of Smoke Blood magic loom and lost civilizations emerge to reveal the existence of a weapon that may do the impossible—kill the last living god. As magic rises and warriors clash, the fate of all Macedon rests in the hands of the unstable prince and those whose loyalty can no longer be trusted.
Undercover Princess by Suzanne Brockmann
A fan favorite from New York Times bestselling author Suzanne Brockmann, originally published in 1999.
Princess Katherine Wyndham is desperate to locate her brother, the long-lost crown prince, so she takes the risk of a lifetime: going undercover as a nanny for the handsome tycoon Trey Sutherland.
Caring for Trey’s kids comes more naturally than Katherine expects—and falling for the brooding widower proves even more effortless. Is it too much to hope for that he could want forever with her—especially once he discovers she’s not who she says she is?
Prince Ever After by A.C. Arthur
A royal wager
Playboy prince Roland DeSaunters is ready to live up to his royal legacy—by betting on his future. Winning the beautiful Valora Harrington in a poker game is a scandal waiting to happen. Lucky for him, Val has no intention of getting involved with the younger brother of the man to whom she was once engaged. But after sharing an earth-shattering kiss with Val, Roland is the one swept off his feet.
An ill-fated engagement to a man she didn’t love convinced Val that finding Prince Charming wasn’t in her cards. That was before she was drawn into a passionate clandestine affair with the handsome bad boy of the reigning family. With dangerous enemies plotting the noble dynasty’s downfall, are Val and Roland ready to gamble on an uncertain future? Or could a last-minute challenge lead to the biggest surprise wedding Grand Serenity has ever seen?
The Bachelor Prince by Debbie Macomber
Rediscover this classic tale of royal romance from #1 New York Times bestselling author Debbie Macomber.
A man who happens to be a prince…
Prince Stefano Giorgio Paolo is the kind of man most women only dream of marrying. And now the very handsome—and very eligible—bachelor has arrived in America to search for a bride. Hope Jordan’s prince has finally come, but there’s no happy ending in sight. Her royal suitor needs a wealthy wife to save his country from ruin. And Hope has nothing to offer Stefano…except her heart. Hope is the first woman to make Stefano feel so deeply. But can he give up his kingdom for love?
Royal Enchantment by Sharon Ashwood
She married the king. She wanted the man.
Guinevere’s marriage to Arthur was a political partnership, never a romance. Merlin knows that the king’s court, newly restored at a medieval theme park, will only be complete if Arthur has his lady. Little did anyone suspect that once Guinevere gets a taste of twenty-first-century freedoms that this ancient queen would lose interest in belonging to any man—even a royal one.
It takes a dragon, and some passionate nights spent in each other’s arms, to lure her back to her husband’s side. Arthur is willing to accept Gwen’s help in protecting the new Camelot from a fae menace, but the bigger challenge will be wooing back Guinevere for a second chance at love…
The Drakon Baby Bargain by Tara Pammi
A deal sealed with passion!
Illegitimate and overlooked, Eleni, Princess of Drakon, yearns for a family. At a masquerade ball, one stolen kiss with a stranger sparks an opportunity! Gabriel Marquez wants her to care for his child—could this be Eleni’s chance to strike a deal of her own?
Gabriel, Drakon’s biggest investor, is shocked by Eleni’s bold bargaining…but a convenient marriage would be advantageous to them both! He’ll gain a stand-in mother for his daughter, and Eleni the baby she longs for. Except Gabriel hasn’t predicted the fire raging between them…one which will bind them together forever!
The Accidental Prince by Michelle Willingham
His runaway princess bride!
Princess Serena of Badenstein intends to flee—from her violent father and from the man to whom she’s been pledged in a political marriage of convenience.
Karl von Lohenberg finds himself without a country, without a title—and now without a bride! Determined to gain what he believes is rightfully his, he takes Serena to a secluded island, hell-bent on seduction. Only something in Serena touches Karl’s heart, and soon, he will do anything to make his royal runaway a blushing bride!