Tiffany Reisz’s Top Ten Favorite Things about Fall
Fall is here! It’s official! And what’s more fun on a cool fall day than curling up with a hot book? My first Harlequin Blaze is out this month, and it’s a sexy Halloween-themed romance between Oregon handyman Chris and Joey, the baby sister of his best friend from high school. Joey, who is back home for her brother’s wedding, is nursing a broken heart, but that’s okay. Chris knows how to fix broken things. It’s his job. And the man is very, very good with his hands…
Writing Her Halloween Treat was a blast. I love autumn, and there’s no better setting for a fall romance than Mount Hood in Oregon. Summer was my favorite season as a kid, but the older I get, the more I appreciate the pleasures of autumn. Here are my top ten favorite things about .fall…
1. My husband goes pumpkin spice wild and it’s hilarious. Every day I’ll come home to find a new pumpkin spice product in the cabinet or in the fridge. Pumpkin spice Greek yogurt. Pumpkin spice tea. Pumpkin spice candle. One of these days he’s going to come home with pumpkin spice bacon, I swear. Actually…that sounds pretty good…
2. Those pumpkin cookies at Starbucks, you know the ones I mean. The sugar cookies with the pretty frosting in the shape of pumpkins. I could live on those.
3. Sweatshirts. I have A LOT of sweatshirts and I can’t bust them out until autumn. My favorite sweatshirt was a gift from a cousin, and on the front it says, “Watch out or I’ll put you in my novel.”
4. Chilly cats. When the temperature gets colder, my cats get snugglier. And who doesn’t like a little snuggly cat on their lap? Or, in my case, one little snuggly cat and one great big orange fat cat.
5. Cocoa. In autumn, when it drops below 60 degrees Fahrenheit, I feel entirely justified about drinking hot chocolate every night without guilt.
6. Halloween decorations. As I write this, it’s not even October, and we already have a skull, a pumpkin, a bat and an autographed photograph of Stephen King on display in our living room.
7. Christmas romances. All the Christmas romances start releasing in late September and early October, and nothing gets me in the mood for the holidays more than a Christmas romance. My favorite is A Christmas Promise by Mary Balogh.
8. Scarves. I can rock a scarf like nobody’s business. My favorite is the twelve-foot-long Doctor Who scarf I knitted for myself years ago. It doubles as a blanket, it’s so long and wide. People like to wrap me up in it like a rainbow-striped cocoon.
9. Going to the pumpkin patch with my husband. Soon as those corn mazes open, we are there!
10. Men in flannel shirts. Just look at the cover of Her Halloween Treat. Can you blame me?
What’s your favorite part of autumn?
Trick…or wicked treat!
It was a devastating dirty trick—Joey Silvia just found out her boyfriend of two years is married. What. A. Dick. Joey knows her best chance to get over one guy is to get under another. Of course, heading home to her family’s remote cabin in Oregon poses some challenges in the “available men” department…until she discovers this cabin comes with its own hot handyman!
Holy crap, Chris Steffensen. When did her brother’s best friend turn into a hard-bodied pile of blond-bearded hotness? He’s the perfect Halloween treat—and a surprisingly dirty rebound guy. For a couple of weeks, anyway. Except that Chris has other ideas…like proving to Joey that this blast from the past is a whole lot more than a naughty Halloween hookup.