20 Ways Have the Perfect Fun Family Holiday Season
The holidays are all about spending time with loved ones. Here are 20 activities and ideas for a great family holiday together:
- Go caroling
- Take a neighborhood walk to check out neighbors’ lights and decorations
- If you live somewhere snowy, make a snowman and snow angels together
- Volunteer and gather donations for charity to give back together
- Visit a Christmas tree farm or lot to pick out the perfect tree
- Attend a Christmas parade
- Have a holiday movie night
- Throw a holiday party for friends and family
- Spend a cozy night by the fire (or the fire channel of TV 🙂 )
- Make your home holiday ready by decorating your Christmas tree, setting out your menorah, hanging a wreath or putting up other decorations
- Pay a visit to Santa at the mall. Don’t forget to take a picture!
- The holidays are the perfect time to expand your horizons by learning about holidays from other cultures. Try making a traditional international dish you’ve never tried before!
- Make homemade gifts and crafts like greeting cards or ornaments
- Bake Christmas cookies or your favorite traditional treat
- Take a family holiday photo
- Read holiday stories like How the Grinch Stole Christmas or The Polar Express (and some holiday romances for yourself!)
- Write a letter to Santa with the kids (a great way to find out what they want for Christmas 😉 )
- Take a trip to a local Christmas fair or bazaar
- Have a hot chocolate night — mix things up with some of the great variation ideas here.
- …and most importantly, spend lots of time with your loved ones!
What is your favorite way to spread holiday joy with family and friends?
* * *
Enjoy family holiday romances with these heartwarming books:
Celeste Nichols has always preferred to keep to herself in her hometown of Pine Gulch, Idaho…until she becomes an instant celebrity! When one of her children’s stories becomes a major success, she’s suddenly the talk of the town. Celeste should be gloriously happy…but something, someone, special is still missing from her life. Could the return of her childhood crush be the answer?
Flynn Delaney has moved back home for his daughter’s sake. Yet all the millionaire’s resources can’t help the little girl heal from the tragic loss of her mother. Shy librarian Celeste and her stories do hold some indefinable magic, though. Flynn came home looking for support—can he find that, and true love, in the one who got away?
Kimberly Lee isn’t sure what she’ll find when she comes to Forever, Texas, to do a story on a groundbreaking program that could put this small town on the map. It certainly isn’t the warm, friendly community that makes the roving reporter feel instantly at home. Or the accident that lays her up at Garrett White Eagle’s ranch, where the blue-eyed rancher awakens feelings she long ago gave up.
Giving people hope again is the goal of the healing ranch Garrett started with his brother. And the lovely, hardworking writer is no exception. Doesn’t Kim realize how much good they can do—together? Her future is here with him. If she’s willing to trust in a love that could fulfill the promise of forever.
Luke Bowman’s homecoming is turning Emma Swartzentruber’s carefully ordered world upside down. Gone is her rebellious girlhood crush, and in his place is a handsome man who seems committed to serving the community. Luke’s even agreed to work for Emma’s ill father, whose last wish is to see his daughter wedded to a stable, loving man. But Luke—a man who flirted with the outside world with disastrous consequences—is hardly marriage material for a good Amish woman. Yet this Christmas, when her family is flung into crisis, Emma finds that he may just be the one to capture her heart for good.