5 Reasons Why Science Says Reading Books Is Good For You
So we all know there is no enjoyment like reading (to quote Pride and Prejudice), but don’t take our word for it… Here are five scientific reasons why reading books is good for you:
1) It’s good for your brain. Reading books helps your mind in many ways, such as improving sleep and helping to maintain brain functionality as you age.
2) It makes us nicer. Studies show that people who read fiction understand and empathize with other people better.
3) Readers make the best lovers. Because being understanding, smart and kind = awesome partner for life.
4) It reduces stress. Concentration and the distraction provided by reading eases tension in muscles and the heart.
5) Reading helps improve your memory. Reading gives you time to pause and comprehend what you just read, unlike watching or listening to information.
How about you, readers? Why do you like to read?