Top Ten Reasons Dukes Are So Delectable…
The wait is almost over for Zachary Black: Duke of Debauchery (October 2014), the first in Carole Mortimer’s Dangerous Dukes quartet, with Darian Hunter: Duke of Desire (November 2014) hot on his heels. The online prequel Marcus Wilding: Duke of Pleasure is just now raring to go, so it’s safe to say we’re getting rather excited about all things ducal.
When we asked Carole why we’re guaranteed to find her Regency dukes just so delectable, she had this to say on the matter:
“I would hope that all my Dangerous Dukes are that ‘delectable’ combination of aristocratic good looks stamped with arrogant authority, plus an unmistakeable air of sensuality and a dangerous edge that make them irresistible. They are men of action, as well as strong passions, ready to sweep the heroine off her feet. What woman wouldn’t want this sexy, dynamic, sensual man in her bed forever?”
What a taste of things to come! We completely agree (and couldn’t resist thinking how duchess-like Carole looks posing in front of Buckingham Palace).
But, without any further ado, here are our top ten reasons to dally with a Regency duke!
1. A duke wouldn’t be a duke without a favorite energetic sporting activity—fencing, boxing, horseback riding. And all that exercise means he’s always in peak physical condition. Excellent.
2. He knows what he wants, when he wants it. And no one is going to stop him from taking it. How delectably ruthless.
3. He’s notorious for his scandalous conquests—which makes it clear he’s well-practiced in giving pleasure…
4. He’s so arrogant it’s almost infuriating. Almost.
5.Outside the bedroom, he has a core group of devoted (HOT!) friends—which is both heartwarming (aww, the bond of brotherhood) and heart-quickening (again….a group of HOT men!)
6.Surely, with his privileged upbringing, he’s bound to be able to expertly spoil a duchess rotten.
7. He knows all the best people. The best dressmaker in the ton you say? Not a problem! The princess’s jewelry maker? Of course!
8. He’s the man all other men in society want to be and all women in society want to bed.
9. He’s always embroiled in something terribly dangerous and important. Sexy dark and brooding man, anyone?
10. He’s never too busy to sweep you into his luxurious bedchamber and kiss you senseless…
But that’s just our opinion. What about you? What would tempt you to fall for a duke?