Who’s Your Best Man?
by Kristan Higgins, author of The Best Man (available February 26)
In my new book, The Best Man, the title has a double meaning: Levi Cooper is the best man at Faith and Jeremy’s wedding…well, their failed attempt at a wedding. But Faith learns (slowly and with a lot of help from Levi himself) he’s also the best man for her.
And so I was wondering, what are the qualities that take a guy from being nice to being the best? What’s that, you say? You want me to go first? No problem!
My Best Man Requirements
- Great in the sack. Oh, come on! We were all thinking it! But sure, chemistry is incredibly important, as well as a certain, ah, attention to detail, shall we say? It shows consideration.
- High moral standards. I want a guy who can do what’s right. Someone who won’t stand idly by when thugs are being thuggish.
- Hard working (and not just in the boudoir, but in the sense that he can support himself). I like a guy with a sense of purpose, who can fill his hours with meaningful activity, and, in the case of my own sainted spouse, carry me out of a burning building should the need arise (I should probably stop setting small fires to get him to do this.)
- Sense of humor. There’s something very sexy about a guy who can make you laugh, and who thinks you’re dorktastic-ness and jokes are funny, too.
- Great in the kitchen. Because all of the above is fantastic, but a girl’s gotta eat. 😀
In The Best Man, Levi Cooper isn’t what Faith thinks she wants. First of all, he ruined her first wedding (sort of. No, he did.). He’s grumpy (in a very hot way, all bristling alpha-male testosterone-ishness). But he’s a good brother, cop and neighbor. And yes! He’s great in the sack.
I hope you’ll come to a Twitter party, gang, because guess what? My great buddy Jill Shalvis is going to be there, too! We sure would love it if you popped in and joined us on February 20th, 1-2 p.m EST and we can talk about what YOU think makes a great hero, and why your honey is the best man for you.
About the book:
SOMETIMES THE BEST MAN IS THE ONE YOU LEAST EXPECT…
Faith Holland left her hometown after being jilted at the altar. Now a little older and wiser, she’s ready to return to the Blue Heron Winery, her family’s vineyard, to confront the ghosts of her past, and maybe enjoy a glass of red. After all, there’s some great scenery there….
Like Levi Cooper, the local police chief—and best friend of her former fiancé. There’s a lot about Levi that Faith never noticed, and it’s not just those deep green eyes. The only catch is she’s having a hard time forgetting that he helped ruin her wedding all those years ago. If she can find a minute amidst all her family drama to stop and smell the rosé, she just might find a reason to stay at Blue Heron, and finish that walk down the aisle.
Available February 26, 2013