What’s New from Harlequin’s eBook Backlist
By Amy Wilkins, Harlequin Digital
When Olga asked me to do an update on Harlequin’s backlist ebook program, I couldn’t believe it had been nearly 2 years since our last blog post on the subject! Since 2010, we’ve published so many great older titles in ebook – and we currently publish about 200 more backlist titles digitally every single month!
Here are some highlights from our backlist program:
– Harlequin Treasury. Last year, we digitized over 2000 vintage series romances from 1996-1999. Look for classic romances from favorite authors such as Penny Jordan, Marie Ferrarella, Betty Neels and many, many more that haven’t been available for years.
– Speaking of Betty Neels, if you’re a fan of Betty’s classic romances you’re in for a real treat next month. In mid-April, dozens of her books will be available for the first time in ebook format!
– Some classic Nora Roberts titles also became available for the first time digitally in 2011. Nora’s Stanislaskis, Stars of Mithra, and McKade Brothers series have all be converted, as well as a selection of stand-alone titles like Unfinished Business, which has become a New York Times bestseller!
– Fans of series romance can also catch up on a ton of titles from their favorite series published after the year 2000. Practically all of Harlequin Presents, Silhouette Desire, Harlequin Blaze, Love Inspired, Silhouette Intimate Moments and a handful of other series have been converted—and if you include Treasury, that means the entire series from 1996 to the present is in ebook*! Most of those 200 backlist ebooks each month are series romances and we’re currently working our way through Superromance, Intrigue, Historicals, Next and Special Edition. Look for more single titles from HQN and MIRA on the horizon as well.
– Giving readers what they want is also a big priority for us. We keep a running list of reader requests so we can make their favorite backlist books available again as soon as possible. For example, look for highly requested titles in ebooks that either went on sale recently or are coming soon: Bloodlines and Mimosa Grove by Dinah McCall; Fool for Love anthology by Vicki Lewis Thompson, Stephanie Bond, and Judith Arnold; The Bravo Billionaire and Bravo Unwrapped by Christine Rimmer; The Texas Brand: The Homecoming by Maggie Shayne; All Fall Down by Erica Spindler; and more of Caroline Burnes “Familiar” series.
So that’s a quick look at what we’re working on from Harlequin backlist at the moment! Do you have a favorite title, author or series you’d love to see in ebook format? Please leave your suggestions in the comments!
*Please note while Harlequin makes every effort to make all your favorite titles and series available in ebook, there are a small number that we are unable to convert due to a variety of factors, such as contractual limitations.