A Brand New Fortunes of Texas Series for Special Edition Fans

What do you get when you combine the plains of Texas, boardroom – and cattle – barons, and lots romance? THE FORTUNES OF TEXAS, of course!  This long-running, best-selling continuity – one of the most popular in Harlequin Special Edition – started out in the late 1990’s with FORTUNE’S CHILDREN, which evolved over time into The Fortunes of Texas, featuring the members of the Fortune and Mendoza families finding love in the town of Red Rock, Texas – and occasionally uncovering a few family secrets along the way!

This month we’re thrilled to be introducing THE FORTUNES OF TEXAS: WHIRLWIND ROMANCE, which introduces readers to the Atlanta Fortunes, a brand-new branch of the family who will bring their Southern charm to their Texas cousins!  WHIRLWIND ROMANCE features some of Special Edition’s most popular authors – including two-time RITA Award winner Karen Templeton, USA TODAY bestselling authors Marie Ferrarella, Susan Crosby and Allison Leigh, and reader favorites Judy Duarte and Nancy Robards Thompson.  The story kicks off with our January title, Fortune’s Cinderella.  Local waitress Christina Hastings has sworn off wealthy playboys, but she’s forced to depend on handsome Southern bachelor Scott Fortune when she’s injured in a tornado that hits Red Rock.  Will he turn out to be her knight in a Stetson?

There are plenty of tycoons, cowboys and, of course, lots of Texas-sized romance in these books, so don’t miss a single installment of this great series! Mark your calendars for these upcoming titles:

January 2012: Fortune’s Cinderella by Karen Templeton

February 2012: Fortune’s Valentine Bride by Marie Ferrarella

March 2012: Mendoza’s Miracle by Judy Duarte

April 2012: Fortune’s Hero by Susan Crosby

May 2012: Fortune’s Unexpected Groom by Nancy Robards Thompson

June 2012: Fortune’s Perfect Match by Allison Leigh

We hope you enjoy these new releases. Have you read the Fortunes of Texas series in the past? Whose story have you enjoyed in the past? Or is there a particular character who you’d like to see get their own story one day?

1. diana
    January 23, 2012 at 2:07 pm

I love the Fortune family series.I try to never miss a new chapter.

2. carole
    January 23, 2012 at 2:58 pm

I love reading the Fortune series, I’ve missed a few but found them at the library so I’m catching up on them.Can’t wait for the new series.

3. Kathleen O'Donnell
    January 23, 2012 at 5:40 pm

I know I have missed a few of these great Fortune of Texas books, but hopefully I will not miss out of these..

4. Karen Templeton
    January 23, 2012 at 6:36 pm

I’m so proud to have been able to contribute to this series, and work with all the other authors. FORTUNE’S CINDERELLA was a blast to write! Hopefully it’s still in stores at this point, but if not you can certainly get it right here, in print or as an e-book. 🙂

5. Nancy Robards Thompson
    January 23, 2012 at 9:42 pm

Hi Diana, Carole and Kathleen! Thanks for joining us and much appreciation for the good words about the FORTUNES OF TEXAS series. I wrote the fifth book in the new WHIRLWIND ROMANCE series. I hope you’ll have as much fun reading it as I did writing it. Tanner and Jordana’s story really resonated with me. In Jordana Fortune’s quest for perfection – being the perfect daughter, cultivating the perfect life, finding perfect love– she almost misses out on “living.” That is, until fate blows her into the arms of Tanner Redmond and turns her belief system upside down.

I loved working with the other authors. We had to do a lot of preplanning because so much was riding on the setup of the tornado and its aftermath. Karen Templeton (<>) did a beautiful job laying the groundwork and the rest of us took it from there.

Here’s a question for the Fortunes of Texas fans – what do you love most about the series?

6. Allison Leigh
    January 25, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Hi, all! Nancy, speaking as a FAN of the Fortunes of Texas series, I love going to a familiar place. And speaking as an author of a few of the Fortunes books (including book 6 of the Whirwind series), I love going to a familiar place 🙂

Contributing to series such as these is so much fun as an author. There’s just nothing like brainstorming with people far more brilliant than I am. It’s a privilege being able to work with the tremendously talented women who contributed to Whirlwind. I just recently read Karen’s FORTUNE’S CINDERELLA and can’t applaud her enough for a wonderful, heartwarming story and a terrific introduction to the Atlanta Fortunes. And once again, as a fan, I can’t wait to get my hands on the books that follow.

7. Nancy Robards Thompson
    January 25, 2012 at 10:02 pm

I wholeheartedly second the love of returning to a familiar place, Allison. I also love to revisit characters. When I fall in love with a story, I fall in love with the characters, too. They feel like friends. Often I find myself daydreaming about them and imagining what they’re doing in their fictional world beyond the pages of the book. Okay, it’s a good thing I’m a writer, huh? Otherwise that might sound a little weird. 😮 But seriously, a series like this gives the opportunity to keep in touch with your favorite characters.

I loved the process of sharing ideas and watching all the pieces of our individual books come together to complete the whole story. One of my favorite parts of writing FORTUNE’S UNEXPECTED GROOM was talking about flight schools with you, Allison. You were such a help with the logistics and specifics of the flight school my hero, Tanner, owns and operates. Your insight made the book a lot richer and more realistic. Thanks for that! 🙂

8. Nancy Robards Thompson
    January 26, 2012 at 5:26 pm

Today, I picked up a copy of FORTUNE’S VALENTINE BRIDE by Marie Ferrarella. Can’t wait to read it!

9. Renee
    February 9, 2012 at 2:50 pm

As a fan, I was thrilled to see more stories of this family coming out. I bought my first book that introduced me to the Fortune family at a Friends of the Library book sale four or five years ago…and as a reader that can’t read just one book of a series, that sent me on a search for the other books!! Then when I learned of all the spin-offs….it became an obsession to locate them all!!!! I hadn’t been able to find probably 8 or 10 of the books in the various series until about a month ago when I went into a favorite used book store in Tulsa and found EVERY book I was still missing!! I was so happy that day!! Sooo…I was planning on dragging them all out and rereading them in order…..and what do I find out….there’s a new series to collect!!! Somehow, I missed this series debut but I picked up the second book in the store yesterday.
    Thanks to all you authors out there that keep me entertained!!

10. Casey
    June 18, 2012 at 6:26 pm

I love these books!! i have read them all but emily story. The major question i have will Mike Fortune have a book? In all the books you only hear about him in Scott’s story but i really hope that he has a story and love knocks him off his butt!!

11. Debby
    July 4, 2012 at 11:38 am

I love this series of Fortunes and Mendozas, and would like to see a book also of Miguel Mendoza along with Michael Fortune. Also, I think Victoria’s brothers, Wyatt and Shane are still available. So many possibilties! Please keep the series going!

12. Bette
    July 24, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Please, keep the Fortune Family Book Series alive and coming. I have become addicted to this series and am driving my local library crazy as I look for the books earlier in the series. I am thankful that Amazon and eBay are allowing me to purchase the books that were not available locally. Each new book is wonderful!

13. Amy
    October 4, 2012 at 10:04 pm

I love the Fortunes of Texas series!! i have EVERY book!! i am wanting to know if there is complete family tree of The Fortune Family? its so large it would wonderful to see how all the characters are related to each other!

14. kim
    July 24, 2013 at 1:13 pm

is there a complete family tree of the fortune family?

15. daphne
    January 8, 2014 at 8:35 pm

i LOVE the fortune family book series, i found a couple of them at my local store and when i found out there were about 30 more books of the same family i went crazy!!!! i`ve managed to find them all, either online or in stores, and it`s been taking me a couple of months but i`m ALMOST done! and because there are SO many characters and the family trees that appear in the book are not really complete i`ve maid my own and it`s HUGE!!!!!!!! but i love it anyway!!!

16. amber
    March 28, 2014 at 12:55 am

Just wondering I have probably read 15 of the books and iam just wondering where I can buy a complete set if that’s possible??

17. Amy
    March 28, 2014 at 1:46 pm

Hi Amber,

All the Fortunes books are currently available in ebook at Harlequin.com and most other ebook stores. You can also find some of the more recent Fortunes books in print at Harlequin.com or online sites, though you will likely have to track down used copies for some of the very earliest titles.

Actually if you visit Harlequin.com on April 1 we will have a very cool new page about Family Sagas like the Fortunes that will include a printable list of ALL the Fortunes books, in order, to help you track the books down! Hope you check it out next week 🙂
    ~Amy from Harlequin

18. mary
    April 12, 2014 at 11:35 pm

what is the next fortune book due out in May/

19. Helen West
    October 7, 2014 at 9:57 pm

Is there a series that covers the English Fortunes? Surely there has to be another series?