Why I Write Blaze Romance: Jill Shalvis

Blazes are short, sexy and fun.  What isn’t there to love?  Maybe I can’t write a complicated suspense element or have a cast of thousands, but for me, it’s not about what I can’t do.  It’s about the possibilities.  It’s about the hero and the heroine, and the desperate, slippery fall into love.  Sometimes it’s a hard, shocking fall.  Sometimes it’s a slow, wonderful glide.  Sometimes it’s more of a push.

Whatever I choose to write about in my Blazes, the bottom line is that it’s two people stripped down to heart and soul.  And of course not all of that stripping is mental.

The truth is, I get a kick out of it.  The conflict, the journey, the happy ending.  I do like making it as hard as possible (pun not quite intended) though, which means it’s never an easy ride.  Then again, in Blaze, every ride turns out to be a good one.

USA Today bestseller Jill Shalvis is the award winning author of over four dozen romance novels. The 4-time Rita nominee and 3-time National Readers Choice winner makes her home near Lake Tahoe. Visit her website at www.jillshalvis.com for a complete book list and daily blog.

1. Lorraine Nelson
    November 4, 2010 at 5:52 pm

Hi, Jill! Congratulations on your success. This article contains timely information as I am currently writing my first Blaze. Hope to join the ranks of published authors soon.

2. Jill Shalvis
    November 4, 2010 at 9:35 pm

Lorraine, BEST of luck to your and your Blaze!

3. Bella F.
    November 5, 2010 at 6:08 am

Hi Jill:)

I’m new to your writing but have heard awesome things about ur books so I look forward to picking up a couple soon! I was gonna start with Simply Irresistible since it’s a book 1 and I’ve seen it around a lot.
    I just started reading my first Blaze though, called Shiver by Jo Leigh and am loving it! You writers and your awesome books are my comfort & joy both in the holidays and year round. 😀

4. Brenda Chin
    November 5, 2010 at 8:05 am

You always get a great read with Jill’s books. She’s definitely one of the best.

5. Birgit Davis-Todd
    November 5, 2010 at 7:37 pm

Hi Jill,

Thanks for stopping by to share your experiences with everyone. Your stories are always a good excape from stresses of the world. Keep on writing them, please!

Best to you and your family!

6. Jill Shalvis
    November 8, 2010 at 11:58 am

Bella,
    Jo Leigh is a very dear friend of mine, I’ll pass the word onto her that you loved Shiver. It was a fantastic book, wasn’t it?

7. Jill Shalvis
    November 8, 2010 at 12:00 pm

And to Brenda and Birgit, two of my favorite editors on the planet, thanks for having me here!