Top Five Reasons to Write Romance: Ellen Hartman
(All of you romance writers can stop laughing now.)
Okay, seriously? I started writing romance because I love romance novels. Eight years into the job, I’ve learned that writing romance is hard, really hard. I think about giving up at least once a book (usually about seventy-five pages before The End).
Here are the top five reasons why I’ll never quit.
- I get paid to imagine one handsome man after another.
- I can attend the Romance Writers of America annual conference—a highlight of my year.
- I satisfy my fascination with human relationships by pulling them apart and putting them together again.
- I meet fellow romance readers, smart, funny, generous people who are interested in the same stuff I am. (See #1.)
- I know that some person somewhere might pick up my book and laugh or cry or find ease from her trouble.
What about you? Why do you read or write romance?
And don’t forget to check out my website at www.ellenhartman.com for information on upcoming titles and more!