Happy Friday! Indulge your sweet tooth with the Happy Baker’s Tall, Dark and Caramel Cookies
Erin Bolger, aka the Happy Baker Chick, has been through her share of bad dates. If her life were a recipe, it would look something like this:
1 pink baking hammer, with apron and lip gloss to match
Many (many) bottles of wine
Too many tears
A whole lotta laughter
Yields: 1 very happy baker
Hey, we’ve all been knocked around by love’s rolling pin, haven’t we? If you pick up a copy of The Happy Baker, you might just find an arsenal of delicious treats to bring to your next battle. Who am I kidding? I guarantee you’ll find something tasty to chase away the blues. I can’t open that book without drooling.
For instance, why not try the Tall, Dark and Caramel Cookies?
Sounds like something out of a–dare I say it?–romance novel! If your weekend plans involve bundling up with a good book and something tasty to munch on, pour yourself a nice big glass of milk and give this recipe a go. You’ll never even miss the lout who caused the emotional baking in the first place. 🙂
Tall, Dark and Caramel Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
17 caramels, unwrapped and cut into small pieces (yes, you can eat one)
1 cup dark 50% chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees Celsius).
- In a large bowl, mix together butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla; mix well.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Blend flour mixture into wet mixture until just blended.
- Stir in caramels and chocolate chips.
- Drop cookies by tablespoonfuls onto a lined cookie sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes.