Harlequin Author Trivia
by Amy Wilkins, Assistant Manger Digital Content and Social Media
I’m always discovering interesting things about Harlequin authors. They come from all kinds of amazing and interesting backgrounds—from military veterans to stay-at-home moms, lawyers to airline pilots, school teachers to computer programmers. As if being a published author wasn’t accomplishing enough!
Below are some trivia questions about three mystery authors that will show you just how different Harlequin authors are. See if you can figure out who they are with the clues below, then click “Read More” to find the answer.
Mystery author #1…
– Joined the United States Air Force Academy as a member of the third class in history to include women.
– Currently works as a commercial airline pilot flying 747s around the world.
– Has a dog, four cats, and two snakes… oh, and two kids, too.
Mystery author #2…
– Is actually a husband-and-wife writing team.
– One member is an ER doctor.
– Live in the Missouri Ozarks, where many of their books are set.
Mystery author #3…
– Is a former agent for the Federal Bureau of Narcotics (precursor of the Drug Enforcement Administration).
– Was a criminal defense attorney for 35 years…and even represented a serial killer, yikes!
– Was one of a select group of lawyers specially trained to represent capital defendants when New York State restored the death penalty.
Can you guess who my mystery authors are? Read more to find out if you’re right…
Mystery author #1 is Susan Grant! Her military background really comes through her sci-fi romance novels for HQN…even though they are set in space, of course!
Mystery author #2 is Hannah Alexander, aka Cheryl and Mel Hodde – Mel is the doctor, while Cheryl was always a writer. According to their bio, one of the first things Cheryl said to him was “You could help me paralyze someone, then, couldn’t you?” (Luckily she was talking about a story she was working on.) The rest, as they say, is history!
Have you heard anything absolutely fascinating about one of your favorite authors? I’d love to hear it! Or if you are one of our authors, tell us something unexpected we may not have known about you! 🙂