10 Facts You Don’t Know About Karen Robards
Have you read The Ultimatum yet? It’s a fast-paced read with an amazing heroine that you don’t want to miss…and now it’s time to get to know the woman behind the page. Keep reading to uncover more about author Karen Robards.
1. New York Times, USA TODAY and Publishers Weekly bestselling author and winner of six Silver Pen Awards! Called “exhilarating…edgy and engaging” (USA TODAY), Karen Robards writes “a feast of menace and mystery” (Woman’s Day) and is “one terrific storyteller” (Chicago Tribune).
2. Karen got her writing start when she was only twenty-one as a law student at the University of Kentucky when she decided to take a graduate-level creative writing course. A few years later, after a mortifying in-class reading of her steamy historical romance story, she published her first novel, Island Flame, which is still in print today!
3. Past jobs include model, journalist, orthodontic assistant, law student and teacher at Ohio State University.
4. She uses both pen and paper and the keyboard to write.
5. Plotter or pantser? Pantser. Before she starts a book, Karen does a brief synopsis for her editor. The core plot kernel in that synopsis generally stays the same, but everything else is subject to change as the story unfolds while she writes it. Characters take on new occupations, backgrounds and motivation as they come to life. Their appearance and even their names can change. She has learned not to worry too much when characters don’t gel or plots don’t pan out. The story is there somewhere in her mind and she keeps writing until she uncovers it.
6. Her favorite authors include Charlotte and Emily Brontë. If Karen could meet any authors, dead or alive, it would be Charlotte and Emily Brontë. Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights are two of her favorite books.
7. Karen describes her writing workspace as a “haven for the creative mind” crammed full with books, art, eloquent and inspiring quotes, and Cheshire Cat figurines. The family pets, two cats and two dogs, can also be found here. With every book, her office starts out clean and organized, but by the time she types THE END, there is a more-or-less clear path from the door to her chair and that’s it. When she was finishing her previous book, one of her sons taped a sign to the outside of the door: Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here.
8. She has written fifty novels (+ one novella), with more on the way!
9. Her astrological sign is Sagittarius, the Archer.
10. Her current project is writing the all-new international spy thriller series The Guardian, featuring kick-ass, femme fatale heroine Bianca St. Ives. From London to the Middle East to Georgia, book one, The Ultimatum, is filled with breakneck pacing, suspenseful plot twists and an unforgettable cast of characters.
About The Ultimatum:
Thief. Manipulator. Con artist. Call it what you will—Bianca St. Ives is the best in the business.
Growing up, Bianca St. Ives knew she was different from all her friends. Instead of playing hopscotch or combing her dolls’ hair, she studied martial arts with sensei masters and dismantled explosives with special-ops retirees. Her father prepped her well to carry on the family business. Now a striking beauty with fierce skills, the prodigy has surpassed the master.
She’s known as the Guardian. Running a multinational firm with her father, she makes a living swindling con men out of money they stole—and she’s damn good at it. She does things on her own terms. But her latest gig had a little hiccup—if you count two hundred million dollars and top secret government documents going missing as little. Her father also died on the mission. The thing is, the US government doesn’t believe he’s really dead. They’ll stop at nothing to capture Richard St. Ives, a high-value target and someone who has been on most-wanted lists all over the world for over two decades, and they mean to use Bianca as bait. With only a fellow criminal for backup and her life on the line, it’s up to Bianca to uncover the terrifying truth behind what really happened…and set it right, before it’s too late.
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Google Play | Kobo | iBooks