A Pancake Recipe from Author Nicole Locke
Looking for something scrumptious to eat while diving into a great historical romance? Nicole Locke, author of In Debt to the Enemy Lord, has shared her Pumpkin Pancakes recipe with us…and it sounds delicious!
- 1 ¼ cups unbleached all-purpose flour (sometimes I split ½ whole wheat flour in this.)
- 2 tbsp. sugar (I use golden or light brown sugar, too.)
- 3 tbsp.baking powder
- 1 ¼ tsp. pumpkin pie spice (Just use ground cinnamon, ground ginger and clove if you have it.)
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1 1/3 cups whole milk
- ¾ cup tinned pure pumpkin
- 4 large eggs, separated (Sometimes I leave whole and mix them with the wet ingredients.)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Vegetable oil
- In one bowl combine wet ingredients: sugar, milk pumpkin, egg yolk, butter.
- In another bowl combine dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, spices, salt.
- In (yet) another bowl whipped the egg whites.
- Now combine the first two bowls and fold in the third bowl.
- Cook with the vegetable oil.
Let us know in the comments section if you’ll be trying out this recipe…or share a favorite recipe of your own!
About In Debt to the Enemy Lord:
Anwen has fought hard to find her place in the world. But she’s forced to rethink everything when she’s saved from death by her enemy Teague, Lord of Gwalchdu. With ominous messages threatening Teague’s life, he must keep Anwen under his watch, no matter how much her presence drives him wild. And when passionate arguments turn to passionate encounters, Teague must believe that the strength of their bond will conquer all!
Harlequin | Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Google Play | Kobo | iBooks
This blog post was originally featured on www.soyouthinkyoucanwrite.com.