Have a Texan Summer! 7 Romantic Facts About Texas
It’s no secret that Texas is one of the most popular settings for Harlequin romance. With everything from close-knit small towns to sexy cowboys, Texas is a great place to find romance, community and passion! What does love look like in the Lone Star State? Here are 7 romantic facts about Texas:
- Starbucks is the #1 most popular location for a first date in Texas. (source)
- 51% of Texan men prefer restaurants for first dates, while 52% of women prefer coffee shops. Both men and women ranked bars as their last choice for a first date. (source)
- There were 179,173 marriages in Texas in 2013. (source)
- The average cost of a wedding in Houston, Texas in 2014 was $33,809. (source)
- The most popular months for weddings in Texas are June, September and October. (source)
- Texas is one of twelve stats with the longest average length of marriage, 15.1-15.8 years. (source)
- In 2015, Texas was the most popular U.S. setting for Harlequin romances with over 100 books taking place in the state! (source)
Are you ready for a Texan summer? Here are three new releases set in Texas to look for now!
Texas Soldier’s Family by Cathy Gillen Thacker
On the last leg of his tour of duty, Captain Garrett Lockhart is summoned home to Laramie, Texas, to handle an urgent family matter—a scandal that could destroy the enduring legacy of the Lockharts. Except it’s already being “handled” by Hope Winslow, a professional crisis manager.
Hope is also the beautiful single mother of the most adorable baby boy the Army doctor has ever seen. Garrett is resisting Hope’s efforts at damage control—and pushing her clearly defined boundaries. Too bad she can’t resist him…and fantasies of a future with her Lone Star soldier!
Colton Cowboy Hideout by Carla Cassidy
After years in hiding, Josie Colton has her life back. But to settle a family promise, she must find an old clue buried at the Colton Valley Ranch. She enlists the help of ranch foreman Tanner Grange—in exchange for working as his twin toddlers’ new nanny. On their search, the single dad soon begins to lasso Josie’s heart.
Tanner agrees to assist Josie and is alarmed by how the Colton beauty fits so perfectly into his life. He’s got his hands full investigating the disappearance of his boss and caring for his little girls. When it’s clear someone will kill to stop Josie from uncovering the clue, Tanner vows to protect her…for life!
Puppy Love for the Veterinarian by Amy Woods
When June Leavy finds two puppies abandoned outside during a storm, she immediately feels a bond with the adorable animals. Swindled out of her life savings by her no-good ex, she, too, was left with nothing but heartache and struggles of her own. But when she arrives at the local veterinary clinic, June is met by dangerously handsome Dr. Ethan Singh, whose sexy smile threatens to disarm her hard-won emotional strength.
Back in Peach Leaf, Texas, to recover from an ugly breakup, Ethan gently tends to the puppies and their charming caretaker. But as the storm rages, so does the electric attraction between Ethan and June. Is this real, or a cruel phantom of lost love? Stranded alone at the clinic, only one thing is certain: they’ve got all night to figure it out…