The Harlequin Medical Romance Fast-Track is BACK!
by Flo Nicoll, Assistant Editor, Mills & Boon
YOUR CHANCE TO GET A RESPONSE TO YOUR SUBMISSION FROM A HARLEQUIN EDITOR – FAST – IS BACK!
In 2010, Medical Romance fever swept through Romance HQ in London – it was the summer of our famous Fast Track. All Medical submissions sent in August were guaranteed a response in August, and wow did you keep us all busy. We read an incredible 174 Medical submissions and went on to buy FIVE authors from it: Louisa George, Leonie Knight, Annie Claydon, Connie Cox and Tina Beckett.
This June, we’re looking to repeat the success:
THE MEDICAL ROMANCE FAST-TRACK IS BACK (BY POPULAR DEMAND!)
- Are you a fan of the Medical Romance series?
- Or perhaps you’re addicted to medical TV dramas?
- Do you want to write for an excitingly unique, globally distributed series?
- And – of course! – do you want an editorial response within a month?
Then this is the initiative for you!
All you need is an idea for a romance in a medical setting and the first chapter only – the rest is simple!
Send us a covering letter with a synopsis of your story and characters (no more than two pages) along with the first chapter
- Fast-track submissions must be received between 1st and 7th June 2012 (12.00 midnight BST, British Summer Time)
- Email your submission (as a Word document attachment) to email@example.com
- You will receive a response by email by 29th June.
- Otherwise our normal submissions and format procedures apply (visit our ‘Submit manuscript’ section at www.millsandboon.co.uk )
Excited already? You certainly should be – this is a fantastic opportunity to get your writing noticed by the Medical Romance team and we can’t wait to read your submissions!
If you want to learn more about the Medical series first, then watch this space – we’ll be following up with lots of advice before 1st June! You can also find our writing guidelines or buy Medical Romance titles in print or ebook format from www.harlequin.com (a Medical Romance podcast is available here too), www.millsandboon.co.uk and www.millsandboon.com.au. You can also join our Harlequin.com Community discussion where the editors and authors will be sharing tips and guidelines on submitting here