Each year Harlequin publishes their annual Romance Report (see the 2011 Patent Your Kiss and 2010 Tempted editions). This year’s report looks at the state of the union of romance. We surveyed 1500 women to find out what they think digital age dating and romance. What did Harlequin find out? #itscomplicated
Here are a few tidbits from this year’s report:
- In the age of 4G LTE smartphones, Twitter and Facebook, technology is changing the way women and men communicate with one another – yet certain values seem to withhold the test of time.
- 91% of modern-day women believe dating rules have become more flexible, but 59% of these women still expect a man to ask her out.
- 43% of all respondents admitted to ‘sexting’.
- The traditional charms of a man, such as a sense of humor (82%) or a killer smile (57%), remain the most popular “turn-ons”.
- Of all the social media networks, Facebook had the highest percentage of users (93%) across all age groups.
- An overwhelming 89% [of respondents] believe that their best days are ahead of them in terms of their love life!
- Download the full Romance Report Full Results Fact Sheet
Read our infographics for more insight into the digital age of love!