Meet the Editors Podcast Debut: Writing Visually – What if When Harry Met Sally was a Novel

Write visually. Show, don’t tell. Aspiring authors hear this advice over and over, but how exactly does one accomplish this?  Editor Kathleen Scheibling first discusses the importance of writing visually and then shows you how to do it via her analysis of the much-loved film, When Harry Met Sally.  This podcast provides insightful analysis with practical advice. You will truly understand what it means to write visually.

Click here to listen to the podcast!

1. Tweets that mention Harlequin Enterprises, Ltd. -- Topsy.com
    November 4, 2010 at 2:01 pm

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by heatherraescott and Dawn P, Silhouette Desire. Silhouette Desire said: RT @heatherraescott: Want to know how to write? Write visually! Editor Kathleen Scheibling, shows you how in this amazing podcast. #SYTYCW http://t.co/ZRNThkd […]

2. cheryl
    November 4, 2010 at 6:55 pm

This is great! Fav blog! Romantic Comedies are my fav movie genre. And I love this movie, so it was a wonderful film to discuss writing as a novel to illustrate the different demands of the written media vs. film media.

3. Sandii
    November 4, 2010 at 9:34 pm

Brilliant blog. Thanks so much. I got a huge amount out of this. I’m going back to my WIP to review facial expressions!

Thanks again.
    Sandii

4. Morgan
    November 4, 2010 at 10:01 pm

Thanks so much for this — it’s so helpful! Walking us through a familiar movie was a great way to get the concepts across. I’ve listened to it four times already! I’m sure I’ll listen at least ten more. Thanks again.

5. Kathleen
    November 5, 2010 at 8:41 am

I’m so glad people are getting something out of this. I just love watching movies — and this is one of my favorites. It’s fun to examine two different mediums of storytelling to see the similarities and differences. Thanks for tuning in!

6. Birgit Davis-Todd